All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUniversal Design For Safety: Creating Safe & Accessible Living Spaces For All Ages is a book written for consumers who want to do their own remodeling and revation to remain in their home and age in place successfully (or just get the most out of their home for the next few years) as well as the professionals who will help them or provide it. The objective is for anyone to achieve a safe, accessible, comfortable, visitable, and convenient living environment while enhancing the enjoyment and value of the home for everyone in the home and those who come to visit. Safety is the key focus for creating living spaces that will meet the needs of those currently in the home or apartment (this book is for owners as well as renters) as well as the next residents - whenever that might be. Universal design appeals to all ages and abilities, and the strategies and solutions that are suggested yield nearly invisible improvements - ones that do t call attention to the design but fit right in as functional elements to achieve a safe design for those living in the home as well as the occasional visit or houseguest. Safety, accessibility, comfort, and convenience are expressed guiding principles. The 7 chapters in this book are; 1 - Universal Design Promotes Safety, 2 - Universal Design Has Huge Benefits, 3 - Easy Universal Design Solutions, 4 - More Extensive And Intensive Universal Design Solutions, 5 - More Universal Design Safety And Convenience Strategies, 6 - Universal Design On The Outside, and 7 - Summary Of Universal Design For Safety. This book will serve as a ready guide for evaluating safety in the home and designing improvements that will help it appeal to members of the household, visitors, houseguests, and future owners - plus doing the work yourself or having it done.
- Author BiographySteve Hoffacker, AICP, CAASH, CAPS, CGA, CGP, CMP, CSP, MCSP, MIRM, of Hoffacker Associates LLC, West Palm Beach, Florida is an award-winning new home sales trainer, real estate sales coach, blogger, writer, award-winning photographer, marketing consultant, accessibility consultant, real estate broker, and best-selling instructional sales books author. He is an active member of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), National Sales & Marketing Council (NSMC), Remodelers Council (NAHBR), Florida Home Builders Association (FHBA), and the Florida Atlantic Building Association (FABA). His services are designed to help home builders, remodelers, real estate sales professionals, onsite new home salespeople, sales managers, suppliers, vendors, and other sales professionals improve their market position, profitability, sales process, and effectiveness through coaching, strategies, planning, and techniques. Steve has taught the Certified Aging in Place ( CAPS ) designation program through the NAHB for several years and has incorporated much of that experience into this and other book on universal design and aging in place - along with what he has learned from doing his own remodeling projects and consulting with builders, remodelers, and professionals who have taken the classes. Universal design is a very practical way of approaching homebuilding and new construction. It promotes safety, accessibility, visitability, comfort, conveniences, and marketability of your new homes. It attracts more interest from a wider audience and allows people to remain in their homes longer by making them more accommodating to their changing needs and requirements.
- Author(s)Steve Hoffacker
- PublisherHoffacker Associates LLC
- Date of Publication18/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoffacker Associates LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Photographer(s)Steve Hoffacker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.