Universal Design for Web Applications: Web Applications That Reach Everyone by Matt May, Wendy Chisholm (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.67Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs designing for accessibility a burden or a benefit? Universal Design for Web Applications demonstrates how building a website to accommodate people with physical and learning disabilities makes marketing sense. It takes more work upfront, but the potential payoff is huge - especially when mobile users need to work with your sites. You'll learn how to use standards - based web techlogies such as XHTML, CSS, and Ajax, along with new uses for video, Flash, and PDF to develop applications for a wide range of users and a variety of devices, including the mobile web. You'll also learn about the target audience - and why so many of them are in the key over-50 age group that accounts for 30% of web usage and growing. This book will help you: appreciate the importance of meta data, and how it affects images, headings, and other design elements; build forms that accommodate cell phones, screen readers, word prediction, and more; create visual designs using color and text that work for a variety of situations and people; build tables that present information without spatial cues; design Ajax-driven social networking applications that are easily accessible by the disabled; provide audio with transcriptions, and video that includes captions and audio descriptions; discover assistive techlogy support for Rich Internet Application techlogies such as Flash, Flex, and Silverlight; and, learn the value of having an accessibility evangelist on your design team. Accessibility has spawned several invations in recent years. Universal Design for Web Applications provides a road map for design so you can produce applications that function better, are easier to maintain, and benefit a wide range of people.
- Author BiographyWendy Chisholm is a consultant, developer, author, and speaker on the topic of universal design. As co-editor of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 (WCAG 1.0) and then staff at the World Wide Web Consortium, she's worked with people around the globe to make the web accessible. Wendy consults with market leaders such as Microsoft, Adobe and Google, integrating universal design concepts into their tools and technologies.Matt May is a developer, technologist, and accessibility advocate who is responsible for working internally and externally with Adobe product teams and customers to address accessibility in Adobe products, ensure interoperability with assistive technologies, and make customers aware of the many accessibility features that already exist in Adobe products.
- Author(s)Matt May,Wendy Chisholm
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication28/11/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.99Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.