All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
About this product
- DescriptionTeachers at all levels, from K-12 through college and university settings to adult and continuing education, w deal with a remarkably diverse student body. Universal design, an approach previously adopted in architecture and engineering, offers cost-effective ways to respond to the special needs of these diverse students. In universal design, teachers provide appropriate media (e.g., disks, materials posted on Web pages) that are readable by people with learning disabilities or blindness and are also accessible to distance-learning students. By offering participatory exercises and collaborative learning opportunities, teachers respond to the preferences of many students of Hispanic origin as well as many who have different learning styles. Teachers can also adjust the layout of a classroom, the ways in which students communicate with each other and with the instructor, and the language(s) in which information is presented. Bowe explains these techniques and supplies resources with additional information. This book is an invaluable resource for teachers, student teachers, and support personnel who help teachers meet special needs at all levels.
- Author BiographyFRANK G. BOWE is Professor and Special Education Coordinator at Hofstra University. Professor Bowe is widely regarded as the father of section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which required accessibility in K-12 and college education. Among his earlier books are Physical, Sensory, and Health Disabilities and Birth to Five: Early Childhood Special Education.
- Author(s)Frank G. Bowe
- Date of Publication30/09/2000
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight404 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.