All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the visions underlying the attempts to reform the European University as well as two European integration processes. It presents a framework for analyzing ongoing modernization reforms and reform debates that take place at various governance levels and a long-term research agenda. It convincingly argues why the kwledge basis under the current University reforms in Europe should be considerably strengthened.
- Author BiographyPeter Maassen is an expert in public governance (including policy reform and institutional change) of higher education; university leadership and management; and North-South development cooperation in higher education and science. Current research interests are: changes in public governance models with respect to higher education; the contribution of higher education to regional development in developed as well as developing countries; the governance of access to higher education; and the effects of European integration on higher education. He is also co-editor of our book series Higher Education Dynamics. Academic background in Public policy analysis, with a focus on the field of higher education policy studies. Professional experience includes the directorship (1997-2000) of the Center for Higher Education Policy Studies (CHEPS), University of Twente. In addition, major experience in system and institutional level reviews in higher education, at the assignment of individual universities and colleges, national Ministries and governments, as well as international bodies and organisations, such as OECD, UNESCO and World Bank.
- Date of Publication19/11/2010
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleHigher Education Dynamics
- Series Part/Volume Number19
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight403 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJohan P. Olsen,Peter Maassen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.