All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionStories about ethical issues at universities make headlines every day. From sexual violence to racial conflict, from the treatment of adjuncts to cheating, students, professors, and administrators face countless ethical trials. And yet, very few resources exist to assist universities in developing an ethical culture. University Ethics addresses this challenge. Each chapter studies a facet of university life-including athletics, gender, faculty accountability, and more-highlights the ethical hotspots, explains why they occur, and proposes best practices. Professional ethics are a key component of training for numerous other fields, such as business management, medicine, law, and journalism, but there is prescribed course of study for the academy. Professors and administrators are t trained in standards for evaluating papers, colleagues, boundaries, or contracts. University Ethics t only examines the ethical problems that colleges face one by one but proposes creating an integrated culture of ethics university-wide that fosters the institution's mission and community. In an environment plagued by university scandals, University Ethics is essential reading for anyone connected to higher education today.
- Author BiographyJames F. Keenan, SJ, holds the Canisius Chair at Boston College and is director of the Jesuit Institute. He is the author or editor of sixteen books, including Moral Wisdom: Lessons and Texts from the Catholic Tradition and Ethics of the Word: Voices in the Catholic Church Today.
- Author(s)James F. Keenan
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication14/05/2015
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight576 g
- Width162 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.