All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCohen's poetry is a kind of highly polished, metaphysical poetry (but firmly rooted in the realities of present-day urban existence). I think his is a unique voice which sounds like body else's, except perhaps the quieter lyrical poems of Hart Crane-one of the high points in twentieth-century poetry and a path which, curiously, few poets have chosen to follow. Whether or t Cohen has done so, his poetry hungers after the sublime in the same way Crane's does, without making any concessions to the ancillary graces and seductions of poetic language, yet achieving them almost fortuitously, through his intense concentration on the task at hand: the making of the poem. -John Ashbery
- Author BiographyMARC COHEN was born in Brooklyn and raised in Long Island. He is the author of Opening the Window and Mecox Road. He runs a liquor store in Sag Harbor, New York.
- Author(s)Marc Cohen
- PublisherSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication07/06/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $69.17
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.24Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.