All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his latest book, author and educator Joseph Berk explores the best techniques for stimulating creative thinking, creating new products, improving existing products, and solving design challenges. Surprisingly, even those of us who are paid to be creative often need help. Most of us lose much of our natural creativity by the time we finish high school, but we can regain it through the techniques included in Unleashing Engineering Creativity. This is exciting and fun material, and Unleashing Engineering Creativity presents it in an interesting and engaging manner. Many organizations and engineers rely on brainstorming as their primary creative and inventive tool, but this simplistic approach often fails to stimulate creativity in a meaningful way. Unleashing Engineering Creativity goes far beyond brainstorming. This book explores powerful new creativity stimulation approaches and provides recommendations for overcoming self-imposed obstacles. The title says it all. If you want to unleash your engineering creativity, this book will help you and your organization attain significant creativity improvements.
- Author BiographyJoseph Berk is a Principal Member of the Eogogics Engineering Faculty. He also teaches in the College of Engineering at the California Polytechnic University and the University of Kansas. He has more than 30 years of engineering and management experience in high technology engineering development and manufacturing companies. His expertise includes design and process improvement, failure analysis, operations management, statistics, design of experiments, quality management, and cost reduction. Before starting his training and consulting career, Joe held senior executive positions in engineering, quality assurance, and operations. He has a broad industry experience base, with assignments in electronics, electro-optical, electro-mechanical, aerospace, automotive, biomedical, marine, ordnance, consumer goods, water treatment, and metal fabrication industries in the United States, South America, Mexico, Canada, Europe, and Asia. His diverse career provides a real-world dimension to his expertise. Joe's publications include articles appearing in PC World, Manage, National Defense, Contract Management, Test Engineering, Inland Business, and other magazines. He has authored numerous books, including Manufacturing Delivery Performance Improvement, Systems Failure Analysis, Cost Reduction and Optimization for Manufacturing and Industrial Companies, Managing Effectively, and Quality Management for the Technology Sector. Joe is an expert witness on process optimization, design, operations management, and related topics before the U.S. Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals as well as lower courts. He holds undergraduate and graduate degrees in mechanical engineering from Rutgers University and an MBA from Pepperdine University.
- Author(s)Joseph Berk
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication10/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.