All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Davis has a dull aching sense of missing out, of t getting anywhere. There must be millions like him, he thinks. His relations with his wife, Serena, are shallow and unsatisfying. In the late 1930s, he tries to rekindle their marriage by bringing her to a special place from his past-the Montana mountains. He is chagrined when she asks other people to join them on the camping trip. Plans are further disrupted by a catastrophe-a forest fire that rages uncontrolled for three days. Forced to reach outward to others in this crisis, the members of the party ultimately have to face themselves as well. Unless the Wind Turns is fast-moving and psychologically nuanced.
- Author BiographyDeirdre McNamer is an associate professor of English at the University of Montana and the author of Rima in the Weeds and One Sweet Quarrel.
- Author(s)Mildred Walker
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1996
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight271 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Introduction byDeirdre McNamer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.