All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPast research on diverse friendships has focused on how rare they are while the research presented here focuses on the successes of the few. This mograph traces the process by which friends overcome the social differences between them, starting with an in-depth look at friendship and friendship patterns in our society, how these boundaries shape the friendships themselves, how opportunities to establish such friendships are structured, and the interpersonal techniques for managing social differences.
- Author BiographyJames A. Vela-McConnell is an associate professor in the Department of Sociology at Augsburg College.
- Author(s)James A. Vela-McConnell
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication13/12/2010
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight385 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.