All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnlikely Friendships is the phemenal New York Times bestseller that s spent 44 weeks on the list and has 615,000 copies in print. It s struck a chord with media, from CBS This Morning to USA Today, and Temple Grandin has praised it as amazing. It shows the power of friendship. Now its author, Jennifer Holland, who writes about animal relationships with insight, compassion, and a fine narrative touch, explores animal attachments that, in human terms, can only be called love. Packed with beautiful, breathtaking full-color photographs, Unlikely Loves is a celebration of love between species. Here are stories of parental love, like the Dalmatian who mothers a newborn lamb a lamb that just happens to be white with black spots! Stories of playful love, including the fox and the hound who become inseparable. And stories of orphaned animals who have found family-like ties in unexpected combinations, like the elephant who s bonded with sea lions, goats, and other animals in her walks around the Oregon Zoo.Ms. Holland has interviewed scientists, zoologists, and animal caretakers from around the world, tracking down firsthand sources and eyewitnesses. The stories are written with journalistic integrity and detail and always filled with the author s deep affection for her subjects.
- Author(s)Jennifer S Holland
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication08/10/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.