Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $61.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $103.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnlocking Company Law will help you grasp the main concepts of Company Law with ease. Containing accessible explanations in clear and precise terms that are easy to understand, it provides an excellent foundation for learning and revising. The information is clearly presented in a logical structure and the following features support learning helping you to advance with confidence: * Clear learning outcomes at the beginning of each chapter set out the skills and kwledge you will need to get to grips with the subject * Key Facts boxes throughout each chapter allow you to progressively build and consolidate your understanding * End-of-chapter summaries provide a useful check-list for each topic * Cases and judgments are highlighted to help you find them and add them to your tes quickly * Frequent activities and self-test questions are included so you can put your kwledge into practice * Sample essay questions with antated answers prepare you for assessment * Glossary of legal terms clarifies important definitions This edition has been updated to include key recent changes and developments in company law, both case law and statutory. Two recent Supreme Court decisions on piercing the corporate veil, VTB Capital plc v Nutritek International Corp and others and Prest v Petrodel Resources Limited & Others, are examined, as is Popplewell J's detailed judgment on directors' duties in Madoff Securities International Limited (In Liquidation) v Raven and others. Important new provisions for binding votes and detailed disclosure of directors' remuneration, changes to the company charges registration and narrative reporting regimes and new rules facilitating private company share reductions/buy-backs are outlined as are imminent developments included in the 2014 Deregulation Bill (stemming from the Government Red Tape Challenge). Commitment of the EU and UK Government to improving corporate governance of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) makes core company law, the focus of this book, more relevant than ever. The books in the Unlocking the Law Series get straight to the point and offer clear and concise coverage of the law, broken-down into bite-size sections with regular recaps to boost your confidence. They provide complete coverage of both core and popular optional law modules, presented in an invative, visual format and are supported by a website which offers students a host of additional practice opportunities.
- Author BiographySusan McLaughlin is Senior Lecturer in Law at Nottingham Law School, Nottingham Trent University where she leads the company law module. In addition to spending ten years based in English and US law firms in London she has worked in-house as General Counsel and Company Secretary for companies subject to UK, continental European and US law and securities market regulation.
- Author(s)Sue McLaughlin,Susan Mclaughlin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/02/2014
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleUnlocking the Law
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note44 colour tables, 35 colour line drawings
- Weight1156 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.