All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionFor those approaching employment law for the first time, either in the course of an undergraduate or postgraduate elective within a law degree, or as students of business, HRM and allied professions, Unlocking Employment Law will ensure that you grasp the main concepts with ease, providing you with an indispensible foundation in the subject. Including all the latest developments in law, such as the developments relating to the Equality Act 2010, the book explains in detailed, yet straightforward terms: * The origins of modern employment law * The effect of EU membership on UK employment law * Institutions and procedure * Employment status * The contract of employment * Restraint of trade * Implied terms * Statutory employment protections * Protection from discrimination * Health and safety law * Grievances and discipline * TUPE transfers * Termination of employment * Contractual duties of ex-employees * Trade Union membership and collective bargaining. The companion website www.unlockingthelaw.co.uk provides supporting resources such as multiple choice questions and updates in law. The Unlocking the Law series is designed specifically to make the law accessible. Each chapter contains: *aims and objectives *activities such as self-test questions *key facts charts *diagrams *chapter summaries *definitions of legal termilogy *essay questions with answer plans. The series covers all the core subjects required by the Bar Council and the Law Society for entry onto professional qualification courses as well popular option units.
- Author BiographyAuthor: Chris Turner LLM is a qualified barrister and Senior Lecturer in Law at Wolverhampton University. Series Editors: Jacqueline Martin LLM has ten years' experience as a practising barrister and has taught law at all levels. Chris Turner LLM is a qualified barrister and Senior Lecturer in Law at Wolverhampton University. Martin and Turner are also series editors of the Key Facts and Key Cases series, published by Hodder Education.
- Author(s)Chris Turner,Janice Nairns
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2011
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleUnlocking the Law
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Arnold
- Content Note32 colour tables
- Weight1587 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Series Edited byChris Turner,Jacqueline Martin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.