All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis introduction to Nichiren Buddhism explores the philosophical intricacies of life and reveals the wonder inherent in the phases of birth, aging, and death. Core concepts of Nichiren Buddhism, such as the ten worlds and the nine consciousnesses, illustrate the profundity of human existence. This book provides Buddhists with the tools they need to fully appreciate the connectedness of all beings and to revolutionise their spiritual lives based on this insight. Also explored are how suffering can be transformed to contribute to personal fulfilment and the well-being of others and how modern scientific research accords with ancient Buddhist views. Ultimately, this is both a work of popular philosophy and a book of compelling, compassionate inspiration for Buddhists and n-Buddhists alike that fosters a greater understanding of Nichiren Buddhism.
- Author BiographyDaisaku Ikeda is the president of the Soka Gakkai International, a lay Buddhist association pursuing the values of peace, culture, and education. He is the author of Choose Hope , For the Sake of Peace , and On Being Human .
- Author(s)Daisaku Ikeda
- PublisherMiddleway Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMiddleway Press
- Weight453 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.