Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionDream has gone through the fire. From a childhood of molestation, sexual abuse, being thrown out of the house by her own mother... to being forced out into the streets and pimped out by a malicious pimp. Dream simply figured her life was just doomed to be as it was. She relented to the cards she was dealt and she survived the best way she knew how. She thought she could handle it but soon after having her baby stolen from her at the hands of a scheming madam, Dream decides she can't take more. She decides to try and end her life to relive herself of all the pain. When the suicide attempt failed, a Violent Crimes Detective, Garvonni Williams, enters her life and totally shakes up her world. After chasing her as a murder suspect, he finds himself t only intrigued by her but wanting her. He gives her thought and feelings she's never imagined r experienced, t voluntarily anyway. His heart aches for Dream and he has an overwhelming need to save her. But loving someone who survives by way of a working girl, isn't an easy task, especially when you're supposed to seeking her for a homicide. He fights within himself, battling the need of his career against the wanting of of his heart. But by the time he has the opportunity and time to explain how he feels about her, it may be too late. Dream has been pushed beyond her patience and is ready to seek revenge. Can the Detective lead her to redemption or will someone lose their life?
- Author BiographyAllysha L. Hamber was born and raised in St. Louis, MO. Allysha is an established Author, whose inaugural book, has sold out on the East coast. Allysha's self-published, debut novel, Keep It On The Down Low, No One Has To Know, is still rising to the top of the Urban Street charts. She now has four more novels under her belt. What's Done in the Dark, The NorthSide Clique, Mimika Avenue, and the latest, Unlovable B***h, A Hoe is Born, the semi-biographical novel which tells the graphic details of abuse, molestation and teenage prostitution. At the age of sixteen, Allysha found herself living on the streets of St. Louis and eventually forced into teenage street life. Yet, Allysha managed to still get an education in the St. Louis Public School System. Graduating on the Dean's Honor Roll from Brown Mackie College in Salina, KS with an Associate's Degree in Information Technology, Allysha thought she was finally past the negative era in her life. At the age of twenty-six, Allysha found herself in custody in the Federal Prison System. It was inside the solitude of the institution, that Allysha began sharing her past of emotional, physical and sexual abuse with the women of the institution. Vocalizing both raw and potent talent, Allysha has continued to use her real life struggles as the motivation to fuel her fire for success. Released from prison in 2004, Allysha released, Keep It On the Down Low and now has six self published novels. She is currently the CEO of BAMM Management (Books and Music Merging Together To Make A Difference, One Beat, One Novel At A Time), her own urban relations firm. Ms. Hamber is currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work from the University of Missouri, St. Louis. Allysha has become a voice to abused women across the Metropolitan Area. She has appeared on St. Louis TV 10, featured in the St. Louis American along with several magazines and radio interviews. Allysha has begun a tour of several public speaking engagements at The St. Louis Public Library, St. Louis Job Corps, Department of Corrections, St. Louis Public Schools, Domestic Violence Shelters and Drug Rehabilitation Centers. With an continuous ear to the street and the vision to use the past as a roadway to the future, Allysha brings a voice to a multi-generational group of women that no longer can be ignored, turning helpless to hope, molestation to mercy, violation to vision, suffering to success and pain to promise.
- Author(s)Allysha Hamber
- Date of Publication07/11/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.