All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaster the #1 Free Genealogy Website! Discover your ancestry on FamilySearch.org, the world's largest free genealogy website. This in-depth user guide shows you how to find your family in the site's databases of more than 3.5 billion names and millions of digitized historical records spanning the globe. Learn how to maximize all of FamilySearch.org's research tools--including hard-to-find features--to extend your family tree in America and the old country. In this book, you'll find: * Step-by-step strategies to craft search queries that find ancestors fast * Practical pointers for locating your ancestors in record collections that aren't searchable * Detailed overviews of FamilySearch.org's major U.S. collections, with helpful record explanations to inform your research * Guidance for using FamilySearch.org's vast record collections from Europe, Canada, Mexico and 100-plus countries around the world * Tips for creating and managing your family tree on FamilySearch.org * Secrets to utilizing user-submitted genealogies, 200,000 digitized family history books, and the FamilySearch catalog of 2.4 million offline resources you can borrow through a local FamilySearch Center * Worksheets and checklists to track your research progress Illustrated step-by-step examples teach you exactly how to apply these tips and techniques to your own research. Whether you're new to FamilySearch.org or you're a longtime user, you'll find the guidance you need to discover your ancestors and make the most of the site's valuable resources.
- Author BiographyDana McCullough is a former editor at Family Tree Magazine. She currently is a freelance writer and editor who frequently writes and edits content on genealogy and higher education topics. She has written or edited content for 20 magazines and has contributed to the editing of eight books. Her writing has been published in Family Tree Magazine, The Artist's Magazine, Family Circle, Brain Child, Better Homes and Gardens' Simply Creative Weddings, My College Guide, The Iowan, Wisconsin Woman, and Scrapbooks, etc., among other national and regional consumer magazines. Dana has a bachelor's degree in journalism from Iowa State University. When not working, Dana enjoys traveling and exploring new places, trying (and tweaking) new recipes, playing the piano, and of course, researching her family history-especially on FamilySearch.org.
- Author(s)Dana McCullough
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication25/09/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPopular Woodworking Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine18 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.