All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a collection of political poems, dealing with the struggles for democracy and dignity in many countries, but mostly centered on South Africa and the surrounding nations. Peter Midgley has written strong lyric poems, moving between languages and countries, pulling the reader along with him. He does rest, occasionally, in a love poem, or a more contemplative work, but the strength of the book is in its fierce questioning, its refusal to look away from suffering.
- Author BiographyPeter Midgley is an author, editor and playwright based in Edmonton. His plays have been performed in Namibia and South Africa. Born in Namibia and raised there and in South Africa, he came to Canada in 1999 with his family to pursue his studies and found himself staying.
- Author(s)Peter Midgley
- PublisherWolsak and Wynn
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWolsak and Wynn
- Weight91 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.