All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionViewing the modern right as more than a passing fad for state-anxious individuals, Amy Ansell and the contributors in this volume treat the current conservative movement as an important effort to contextualize and rearticulate the truths taken for granted in the American liberal tradition.Each author in this volume provides a contribution to an alternative perspective on the relevance of today's conservatism in American thought and politics. Based on a common recognition that the 1994 victory represented much more than the temporary infiltration of right-wing extremists or the public's spontaneous combustion of reactionary sentiments but rather twenty-plus years of diligent, conscientious organizing on the part of new actors on the right, the authors here agree that the American right wing continues to be a force to be reckoned with. Despite the apparent failure of the Republican Revolution and subsequent reelection of Clinton to office in 1996, the political and sociocultural forces that contributed to the 1994 victory are still very much at play, demanding that those interested in reversing the rightward drift of political opinion and government policy thoroughly understand the processes at work if ather swing to the right is to be successfully combated.
- Author BiographyAmy E. Ansell is assistant professor and associate dean for International Programs at Bard College in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York. Her other forthcoming book is New Right, New Racism: Race and Reaction in the United States.
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication14/10/1997
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight374 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAmy Ansell
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $23.89Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.