Unrelated Business Income and the Church: The Concise and Complete Guide (TM) by Michael E Batts (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.58Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you lead a church and are concerned about the tax implications of unrelated business income, this is the book for you. Unrelated Business Income and the Church demystifies the bewildering and intimidating world of tax rules governing alternative sources of revenue and arms you with tips and strategies to safeguard your nprofit status. Many myths and fables surround the topic of generating unrelated business income. You can't do that, it's illegal! and If you do that, you will lose your tax-exempt status! are some of the common fear-mongering statements made by many in the nprofit sector who don't kw the facts. The author, nationally prominent CPA Michael Batts, lays the myths and fables to rest by t only telling you what you can't do, but more importantly, what you can do! His favorite part of this book is Chapter 5, which is entitled: Generating Income from Activities without Generating Unrelated Business Income.
- Author BiographyMichael Batts has more than 25 years of experience serving on nonprofit boards and advising nonprofit organizations on matters related to board governance, financial reporting, tax compliance and strategy, corporate structure, international activities, and related issues. Mike is the president and managing shareholder of Batts Morrison Wales & Lee, PA, an Orlando-based accounting firm dedicated exclusively to serving nonprofit organizations and their affiliates throughout the United States. He is an accomplished author and national speaker on matters related to the nonprofit sector. Mike has actively engaged in nonprofit legislative matters, having drafted and lobbied successfully for a number of state statutes for nonprofit tax exemptions and having served on the Legal Framework Workgroup of the Panel on the Nonprofit Sector, a legislative advisory panel formed at the request of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee Chairman. He previously served as chairman of the board of ECFA, a national organization that accredits religious nonprofit organizations in the areas of board governance and financial integrity. He currently serves on ECFA's board and is the chairman of its Standards Committee. Mike was recently appointed chairman of the Commission on Accountability and Policy for Religious Organizations, a national commission convened by ECFA upon the request of Senator Charles Grassley to address accountability and policy issues related to religious and other nonprofit organizations.
- Author(s)Michael E Batts
- Date of Publication29/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.