All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1992, Kevin Annett an ordained minister with the United Church of Canada in Port Alberni on British Columbia's Vancouver Island a logging town half populated with native Indians, discovered a history of abuse and atrocities ranging from torture sodomy and rape to murder suggesting gecide among the native children in the church's residential school which had taken place for more than a century. It later was revealed that such was the case in more than 140 schools run by the major churches with the complicity of the Canadian government. Refusing to remain silent he was defrocked by his Presbytery. For 15 years he has conducted a one man campaign for justice and the revision of colonial laws for a race of subjugated people.
- Author BiographyReverend Kevin Annett BA MA MDiv has lectured widely in Europe and America and has been a community worker ordained minister writer and film maker. He lives in Canada.
- Author(s)Kevin Annett
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.