Unrepentant Ego: The Self-portraits of Lucas Samaras by Donald B. Kuspit, Lucas Samaras, Marla Prather (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $70.28Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 13 Nov
- AU $42.84+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most invative artists of his generation, Lucas Samaras (b. 1936) studied art with such figures and artists as Meyer Schapiro, George Segal, and Allan Kaprow. Throughout his remarkably prolific forty-year career, Samaras has produced a heterogeneous and highly textured body of work. Samaras' invative approach and use of different media have earned him a significant place in contemporary American art history, and his work has exerted significant, yet under-recognized, influence on younger artists. This catalogue, which accompanies a major exhibition, offers a timely reevaluation of Samaras' life's work and his invaluable contributions to contemporary art. This fall, the Whitney Museum of American Art will mount a major exhibition of the work of Lucas Samaras. This will be the first exhibition of Samaras' work in an American museum in fifteen years, and the first major consideration of the artist's work in New York since 1972. No major Samaras exhibition has focused on his self-portraiture, although self-depiction is arguably the driving force of Samaras' entire oeuvre. The catalogue and exhibition will survey his career from the mid-1950s to the present, and will trace the self-portrait leitmotif throughout various media, including drawings, photo transformations, boxes, mirrored environments, and film.
- Author BiographyMarla Prather is curator of postwar art at the Whitney Museum of American Art, New York. Her publications include History of Modern Art; Willem de Kooning: Paintings; and Alexander Calder, 1898-1976.
- Author(s)Donald B. Kuspit,Lucas Samaras,Marla Prather
- Date of Publication26/01/2004
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Note350 illustrations, (300 colour )
- Weight2240 g
- Width227 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.38New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.87New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.05New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.75Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.