All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe master thesis of David Roos Launchbury deals with the implementation and validation of a numerical solver for incompressible large eddy simulation (LES) with heat transfer in OpenFOAM. Academic and industrial cases, ranging from flow between parallel plates to film cooling, are investigated utilising existing and newly-implemented turbulence models. Simulations using turbulence models, i.e. under-resolved DNS (UDNS) simulations, are performed for comparison. Very good results are obtained in all cases with variations among the individual models, with the UDNS simulations performing surprisingly well. The study shows that the developed software is able to simulate complex cases reliably and accurately.
- Author BiographyDavid Roos Launchbury finished his Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Horw, Switzerland, and is currently working as research associate at Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts - Engineering and Architecture.
- Author(s)David Roos Launchbury
- PublisherSpringer Fachmedien Wiesbaden
- Date of Publication29/01/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleBestMasters
- Place of PublicationWeisbaden
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer Vieweg
- Content Note60 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables, biography
- Weight145 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.