All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Princess Diana died in Paris's Alma tunnel, she was thirty-seven years old. Had she lived, she would have turned fifty on July 1, 2011. Who would the beloved icon be if she were alive today? What would she be doing? And where? One of the most versatile and bold writers of our time, Monica Ali has imagined a different fate for Diana in her spectacular new vel, Untold Story. Diana's life and marriage were both fairy tale and nightmare rolled into one. Adored by millions, she suffered rejection, heartbreak, and betrayal. Surrounded by glamour and glitz and the constant attention of the press, she fought to carve a meaningful role for herself in helping the needy and dispossessed. The contradictions and pressures of her situation fueled her increasingly reckless behavior, but her stature and her connection with her public never ceased to grow. If Diana had lived, would she ever have found peace and happiness, or would the curse of fame always have been too great? Fast-forward a decade after the (averted) Paris tragedy, and an Englishwoman named Lydia is living in a small, ndescript town somewhere in the American Midwest. She has a circle of friends: one owns a dress shop, one is a Realtor, ather is a frenzied stay-at-home mom. Lydia volunteers at an animal shelter and swims a lot. Her lover, who adores her, feels she won't let him kw her. Who is she? Untold Story is about the cost of celebrity, the meaning of identity, and the possibility--or impossibility--of reinventing a life. Ali's fictional princess is beautiful, intrepid, and resourceful and has established a fragile peace. And then the past threatens to destroy her new life. Ali has created a riveting vel inspired by the cultural icon she calls a gorgeous bundle of trouble.
- Author(s)Monica Ali
- PublisherScribner Book Company
- Date of Publication08/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScribner Book Company
- Out-of-print date07/08/2012
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.14Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.