All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains in-depth or comparative case studies of specific occupations in America and other countries. The special emphasis of this collection is upon unusual occupations and unusually organized occupations. Through the focus on the unusual, our volume brings into focus the usual taken-for-grantedness of the occupational world, which is typically seen only from the focus on prestigious professions. Included are analyses of tattoo artists, exotic dancers, sex workers, correctional officers, catholic liturgists, marginalized computer workers, university professors in foreign military extension programs, product protectors, traveling nurses and clerical temporary workers. The audience for this book includes university students and faculty.
- PublisherEmerald Group Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication31/07/2000
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCurrent Research on Occupations & Professions S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 11
- Place of PublicationBingley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJAI Press Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight620 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byHelena Lopata,Kevin D. Henson
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.