Up to the Cottage: Memories of Muskoka by Grant D Fairley (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.59Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJourney back with Grant D. Fairley to a time to the Muskoka of small family cottages through the stories of what it was like to spend your vacations at a family cottage on Mary Lake near Huntsville and other places in the Muskokas in Ontario Canada. This is a second edition with additional pictures and updates following the first edition. If you remember those days of summers by the lake or paddling down a river, this book will enchant your memory to recall your stories of years gone by. Whether you grew up visiting cottages, cabins, camps, campgrounds or the family farm, you will experience echoes of your life. The book is written with short and light chapters to enable the reader to enjoy a chapter w and then. It is a highly readable book that can be read aloud to family and friends. Did we mention that it is perfect for a rainy day at the cottage - or any day that you wished you were back there? Beginning with the family renting a cottage in the 30's through the purchase of land and then building the cottage in the 50s, the Cowans, Meusers and Fairleys all became part of the story of the lake just as the cottage became a rich part of their life story too. These first-hand accounts reflect both a bygone era and the new world of cottaging in some of the most beautiful places on Earth. For those who remember those rustic days - you will warm to the happy memories of cottage life in the 50s & 60s & 70s. The stories continue through the development years of 80s & 90s. The tales continue up until 2004. Pull yourself up by a fire at the cottage to read this book. If you are t at the cottage, this book will take you there through these enchanting memories and stories of the people and places of Muskoka, Ontario, Canada. Chapter Titles: *Into The Mist *The Cottage *Go North Young Man - Somehow *A Greater Purpose *The Road More Traveled *What's That Smell? *Warm Thoughts *Cottage Worthy *Sounds of Silence *On The Surface *All Creatures Great & Small *Cottage Types *Clammed Up *Mission Impossible *Bugged *The Waltons *The Guest Book *That's Entertainment *For The Birds *Well - Well - Well *Measuring Up *Slip Sliding Away *Something's Fishy *Don't Let The Rain Come Down! *Look Up - Way Up! *Many Wanderings *Please Pass The Salt *Ahoy There *I Kw A Secret *Not For The Faint of Heart *Ready - Set - Fire! *One Dark Night *Shaboo *The Man In The Green Can *Take A Letter *Courage *Far and Wide and Weird *The Road Less Traveled *Jackson's Falls *Half A Mile To Halvastraw *Clean As A Whistle *A Fine Port *Nothing To Fear *Creative Licence *In To Town *Rainy Day People *Beyond The Sunsets *The Other Way *Put The Worm On Tighter Uncle John *Moose Wars *An Old Seabreeze *What Do You Mean By There ? *Saluting The Generals *The Muskoka Blues *A New Age Was Upon Us *Watching Scotty Grow *Blessings Received *The Turkey and the Church *Fond Farewell *Sandy Feet *James Alexander Cowan *Cousins By The Dozens *To Whom Much Is Given This book is priced to own and priced to share.
- Author BiographyGrant D. Fairley is a principal speaker with Strategic Seminars. For more than 25 years he has been doing presentations on finance, leadership, team building, relationships, personal development, spiritual life and more. He also serves as an executive coach, providing professional development to leaders in business, government and the community. He combines mentoring and story-telling to give unique and memorable experiences for his audiences as well as for his individual clients. In addition to this book, Grant is the author of a number of books, is on YouTube and is a presenter on BlogTalk Radio. Grant is also an inventor of a patented healthcare technology. He has assisted colleagues in the authoring of a number of health patents. Grant is a graduate of Wheaton College, Wheaton, Illinois. Contact Grant through email@example.com or LinkedIn. You can follow Grant on Twitter @grantfairley and he has a blog on Tumbler under the pen name of Admiral Wood. He is also active in his local church as one of the regular teachers in the adult class. When not coaching, writing or teaching, Grant enjoys visiting Middle Earth as a follower of the works of J.R.R. Tolkien. Grant also enjoys doing his family history. He is the grandson of Public Relations pioneer, writer and Toronto era friend of Ernest Hemingway, James Alexander Cowan. Grant's great-grandfathers were also writers. Hugh Cowan was a Presbyterian minister, historian and author. Great-grandfather Fred G. H. Williams was a parliamentary reporter in Canada, journalist and a popular historian who wrote for more than sixty years in Canada's formative period. His great-great grandfather Charles F. Williams was the British War correspondent, author and editor of Victorian England. If Manchester United or Tottenham Hotspur are playing, he is likely to be watching it live or as soon as possible. One of his great pleasures is spending time with old friends - of any age. Grant is delighted to be married and enjoys being the father of four children. Grant latest book is, Positive Influence - How to Lead Your World on leadership based on his executive coaching. Upcoming books are Enchanted Living - Insights for Your Life from Fairy Tales & Fables and a book with Dr. William S. Cook, Jr. MD called What's in Your Box? - A Baby Boomer's Guide to Finishing Well.
- Author(s)Grant D Fairley
- PublisherMcK Consulting, Incorporated
- Date of Publication06/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcK Consulting, Incorporated
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.