All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis magnificent two-volume set explores one aspect of the outstanding collection of furniture that the great collector Sir William Lever, 1st Viscount Leverhulme (1851--1925), bequeathed to the Lady Lever Art Gallery in Port Sunlight, Merseyside: the pieces designed for support--primarily seat furniture, but also beds, footstools, and a coach model.While most of the collection is British, the largest and one of the most important sets was crafted in Rome for Napoleon's uncle, Cardinal Fesch. The catalogue provides detailed information on patrons, designers, and makers, and on aspects of design, manufacture, upholstery, and usage for each piece in the collection.
- Author BiographyLucy Wood is senior curator in the Furniture, Textiles and Fashion Department of the Victoria and Albert Museum. She is former curator of the Lady Lever Art Gallery and author of the catalogue of commodes in its collection.
- Author(s)Lucy Wood
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication09/01/2009
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note2000 b&w + 140 colour illustrations
- Weight6518 g
- Width250 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine79 mm
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.