All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis one-volume, comprehensive overview of African American history brings together original essays by some of the foremost authorities in the field. Arranged both thematically and chrologically, these papers discuss a wide range of topics - from the Middle Passage to the Civil Rights Movement; from abolition to the Great Migration; from issues in religion, class and family to literature, education and politics.
- Author BiographyWilliam R. Scott is Professor of History and Director of the African-American Studies Program at Lehigh University. He is author of The Sons of Sheba's Race: African Americans and the Italo-Ethiopian War (1993). William G. Shade is Director of the American Studies Program at Lehigh University and Co-Director of the Gipson Institute for Eighteenth-Century Studies. He is author of Democratizing the Old Dominion (1996) and co-editor, with Sandy Maisel, of Parties and Politics in American History (1994).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/01/2000
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note15 colour illustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byWilliam G. Shade,William R. Scott
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.