All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUrban Design Ecologies Reader gives architects and urban planners critical tools to understand urban design today. Featuring essays by leaders in the field, the book combines an historical perspective with forward-looking material on the global challenges of rapid urbanization and climate change. It highlights the recent thinking in urban development, covering key concepts such as the architecture of the city, metropolitan architecture (or big architecture), the nature of sprawl, the mega city (or the informal city), and the meta city, created by digital techlogies and ecological thinking.
- Author BiographyBrian McGrath is an Associate Professor of Urban Design at Parsons The New School for Design in New York. He taught at Columbia University in the Urban Design Studios for 15 years in a programme that grew 500% in student population between 1991 and 2005. He was a Senior Fulbright Scholar in Thailand in 1998/99. He is currently a co-investigator on an interdisciplinary team on the Baltimore Ecosystem Study, a Long Term Ecological Research project where he coordinates a working group linking science research, public policy and design. McGrath has authored and contributed to many books and journals, he also teaches and lectures internationally.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/2012
- Series TitleAD Reader
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1030 g
- Width175 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byBrian McGrath
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.