All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Urban Design: Health and the Therapeutic Environment' demonstrates how urban design and planning impact on public health and sustainable development. Moughtin et al. explore the concept of what makes a physically and psychologically 'healthy' environment in the context of the paramount need for new homes where living standards are t compromised, in increasingly crowded cities. * Sets out the history and development of the healthy city, from the English spa town to standards of care in Cuba to provide a context for modern urban health development. * Covers a wide range of environmental, ecological, health and epidemiological issues. * Case studies and examples show how health policy and procedure is practically applied to sustainable urban development. 'Urban Design: Health and the Therapeutic Environment' outlines best practice for healthy, sustainable urban design and provides a reference tool for architects, urban designers, landscape architects, health professionals and planners. Emeritus Professor Cliff Moughtin was Professor of Planning in The Queen's University Belfast and The University of Nottingham. He is author of a number of books including the series of five Urban Design titles for Architectural Press. Kate McMahon Moughtin is a psychotherapist. She is author of Focused Therapy for Organisations and Individuals. She is interested in how literature and environmental infl uences contribute to wellbeing. Paola Sigretta is a human geographer. She is a senior research associate in the Centre for Research in Social Policy, Loughborough University. She is interested in the geographies of health, deprivation and social and financial exclusion.
- Author BiographyEmeritus Professor Cliff Moughtin holds degrees in Architecture and Planning awarded by the University of Liverpool. He was also awarded the degree of Doctor of Philosophy by The Queen's University of Belfaset. He was Professor of Planning in The Queen's University Belfast and Nottingham University. He is the author of a number of books including the series of four Urban Design titles for Architectural Press.
- Author(s)J. C. Moughtin,Kate McMahon-Moughtin,Paola Signoretta
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/03/2009
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content NoteApprox. 240 illustrations
- Weight589 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.