All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionUnique in its coverage, Urban Ecomics and Real Estate allows an instructor to teach separate courses in either urban ecomics or urban real estate, or a blend of the two topics. * Provides a comprehensive approach to the ecomic factors that both define and affect modern urban areas, considering the ecomics of cities as a whole, rather than separating them into isolated topics * Analyzes topics such as urban housing, real estate markets, growth, and social and policy issues, and how these affect the ecomic functioning of a city * Includes in-depth discussions of real estate markets and policy issues * Considers the changing role of the city in ecomic life, and the effects of social problems, such as crime, poverty, and education that often accompany these changes * Offers a dedicated author-hosted website containing supplemental material, available at http://www.uic.edu/~mcmillen.
- Author BiographyJohn F. McDonald is Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor of Economics at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He is US editor of the journal Urban Studies and a member of the editorial boards of the Journal of Urban Economics and the journal Planning Perspectives. He has authored or edited several books, including The Economics of Highway Congestion and Pricing (1999), Sources of Metropolitan Growth (with Edwin Mills, 1991), and Economic Analysis of an Urban Housing Market (1979). Daniel P. McMillen is Professor of Economics and Director of the Center for Urban Real Estate at the University of Illinois at Chicago, and is also a Research Scholar at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. He is a member of the editorial boards of several urban economics and real estate journals, including the Journal of Urban Economics and Real Estate Economics, and is co-editor, with Richard J. Arnott, of A Companion to Urban Economics (Blackwell, 2006).
- Author(s)Daniel P. McMillen,John F. McDonald
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/09/2006
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleWiley Desktop Editions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note101
- Weight1352 g
- Width196 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine40 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.