All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook offers a rigorous, calculus based presentation of the complexities of urban ecomics, which is suitable for students who are new to the subject. It focuses on structural details and explains the elements that make cities such highly productive entities, and also explores explores the mechanisms of labour productivity enhancement that are unique to cities. Written with a focus on location theory, key topics include: * How cities are arranged; * Housing prices; * Urban transportation; * Why some cities grow rapidly whilst others decline; * How wages adjust to local costs of living; * How suburbs function in relationship to the urban core; * Public finance. This book will be essential reading for Urban Ecomics courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Author BiographyJohn M. Hartwick is Professor of Economics at Queen's University, Canada.
- Author(s)John M. Hartwick
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/04/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note49 black & white illustrations, 29 black & white tables, 49 black & white line drawings
- Weight640 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.