All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith over half of the global human population living in urban regions, urban ecosystems may w represent the contemporary and future human environment. Consisting of green space and the built environment, they harbour a wide range of species, yet are t well understood. This book aims to review what is currently kwn about urban ecosystems in a short and approachable text that will serve as a key resource for teaching and learning related to the urban environment. It covers both physical and biotic components of urban ecosystems, key ecological processes, and the management of ecological resources, including biodiversity conservation. All chapters incorporate case studies, boxes and questions for stimulating discussions in the learning environment.
- Author BiographyRobert Francis is Senior Lecturer in Ecology at King's College London, UK. Michael Chadwick is a Lecturer in Freshwater & Estuarine Ecology at King's College London, UK.
- Author(s)Michael A. Chadwick,Robert A. Francis
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/03/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note52 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables
- Weight453 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.