All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionWhile urban films often reinforce spatial stereotypes, they can also produce a resistant reading that helps transgress spatial boundaries, especially in in urban contexts where spatial inequalities and urban divisions are stark. This book reveals the nature of urban film's influence through the lens and space of Johannesburg.
- Author BiographyAlexandra Parker is a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa. She teaches first year courses in the Wits School of Architecture and Planning, South Africa. She serves on the Johannesburg Heritage Foundation board, actively campaigning to save the city's heritage.
- Author(s)Alexandra Parker
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/06/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleScreening Spaces
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations, 3 colour illustrations, 1 black & white tables, biography
- Weight462 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.