Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis extensively revised and updated fourth edition not only examines the new geographical patterns forming within and between cities, but also investigates the way geographers have sought to make sense of this urban transformation. It is structured into three sections: 'contexts', 'themes' and 'issues' that move students from a foundation in urban geography through its major themes to contemporary and pressing issues. The text critically synthesizes key literatures in the following areas: the urban world changing approaches to urban geography urban form and structure economy and the city urban politics planning, regeneration and urban policy cities and culture architecture and urban landscapes images of the city experiencing the city housing and residential segregation transport and mobility in cities sustainability and the city. The fourth edition combines the topicality and accessibility of previous editions with extensive new material, including many new chapters such as the urban world and politics, housing and Residential Segregation, and transport in cities, as well as a wealth of international case studies, extending its range of coverage across the field. This book features enhanced pedagogy including a range of new illustrations and tables, a list of key ideas for each chapter, end of chapter essay questions and project activities, and annotated further reading from books, journals and websites. Written in an engaging, student friendly style, this is an essential read for students and scholars of Urban Geography.
- Author BiographyTim Hall is an Urban Cultural Geographer based at the University of Gloucestershire, UK. Heather Barrett is an Urban Geographer based at the University of Worcester, UK.
- Author(s)Heather Barrett,Tim Hall
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/2011
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note51 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables, 34 black & white halftones, 17 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.21New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.70New
- AU $11.12Used
- AU $19.94New
- AU $53.62New
- AU $24.00New
- AU $19.94New
- AU $19.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.18Trending at AU $33.25
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $16.09Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $20.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $38.07Trending at AU $39.33
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $89.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.