All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Henri Lefebvre published The Urban Revolution in 1970, he sketched a research itinerary on the emerging tendency towards planetary urbanization. Today, when this tendency has become reality, Lefebvre's ideas on everyday life, production of space, rhythmanalysis and the right to the city are indispensable for the understanding of urbanization processes at every scale of social practice. This volume is the first to develop Lefebvre's concepts in social research and architecture by focusing on urban conjunctures in Barcelona, Belgrade, Berlin, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dhaka, Hong Kong, London, New Orleans, Nowa Huta, Paris, Toronto, SAGBPo Paulo, Sarajevo, as well as in Mexico and Switzerland. With contributions by historians and theorists of architecture and urbanism, geographers, sociologists, political and cultural scientists, Urban Revolution Now reveals the multiplicity of processes of urbanization and the variety of their patterns and actors around the globe.
- Author BiographyAuukasz Stanek is a Lecturer in Architecture at the University of Manchester, UK; Christian Schmid is Professor of Sociology at the School of Architecture, ETH ZA rich, Switzerland and Aukos MoravA!nszky is Professor of Architecture, ETH ZA rich, Switzerland.
- Author(s)Christian Schmid
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/12/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 49 b&w illustrations
- Weight802 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byAkos Moravanszky,Lukasz Stanek
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $25.19Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.