All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionThis report addresses key challenges facing policy makers, practitioners and academics in their efforts to understand and impact on the changing nature of urban environments today. Combining a detailed case study of the city of Bristol with wide-ranging information and analysis from other sources, the report looks at: the dynamics of employment and population change including the challenges of household growth, urban expansion and new patterns of edge-city development; urban renaissance, urban renewal and the prospects for a turn-around in the fortunes of urban areas; patterns and processes of social exclusion and social polarisation, persisting even in the face of competitive success; the role of the new kwledge-based sectors including financial and business services and the cultural and media sectors; the changing spatial architecture of urban and regional governance and its capacity to shape the towns and cities of the future. Urban transformation and urban governance is essential reading for practitioners and policy makers with an interest in urban policy, regeneration and renewal; voluntary and community sector workers; and academics and students.
- Author BiographyMartin Boddy is Associate Dean and Professor of Urban and Regional Studies in the Faculty of the Built Environment, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication29/10/2003
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight461 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Edited byMartin Boddy
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.