All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTraditional transport planning has generated transport systems that propagate an unfair distribution of accessibility and have environmental and safety issues. This book highlights the importance of social and political aspects of transport policy and provides a methodology to support this approach. It emphasizes the importance of co-ordinating urban, transport and traffic planning, and addresses the major challenge of modifying the building and use of roads. The author makes suggestions for invative and radical new measures towards an equitable and sustainable urban environment.
- Author BiographyEduardo Alcantara Vasconcellos has been working and teaching as a transport and traffic engineer and planner since 1975. He received his PhD in public policy from the University of Sao Paulo and conducted his post-doctoral research in transport planning in developing countries at Cornell University in the US. He has published several papers in international transport journals and is currently associate director for ANTP, the Brazilian National Public Transport Association.
- Author(s)Eduardo Alcantara Vasconcellos
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2001
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NoteFigures, tables, bibliography, index
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.