All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecent years have witnessed a surge in public awareness concerning the impact of world ecomic forces on cities. In this challenging book, the author argues that though the consciousness is new the phemena themselves are t. For the past two centuries at least, world ecomic, political and cultural forces have been major factors shaping cities, patterns of urbanization and the physical and spatial forms of the built environment. Anthony King believes that the historical context of contemporary global restructuring must be recognized if present-day urban and regional change is to be properly understood. He explores and documents the cultural and spatial links between metropolitan core and colonial periphery and examines the historical foundations of the world urban system. He also looks at the social production of building and urban form, and demonstrates their potential for understanding ecomic, political, socail and cultural change on a global scale.
- Author(s)Anthony D. King
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/03/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.