All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe origin and growth of cities in antiquity. The origin and growth of cities forms one of the most important chapters in human history. In this volume, 17 researchers present archaeological, epigraphic and textual data on the rise of urbanism in the ancient Near Eastern world, Cyprus to Mesopotamia and from Crete to Egypt. Topics addressed include the influence of agriculture intensification, of trade, of craft specialization and of writing on the rise of cities. The roles of cultural elites, of ideologies and of relations between proximal urban centres are also examined. The contributors to this volume include such well-known scholars as William Dever and Donald Redford.
- Author BiographyWalter Aufrecht is Professor of Archaeology in the Department of Geography in the University of Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada. Steven Gauley graduated from the University of Lethbridge and has been a participant in the Tel-Miqne Excavations, Israel. Neil Mirau is Assistant Professor in the Department of Geography at the University of Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleLibrary of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number244
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byNeil a Mirau,Steven W Gauley,Walter E Aufrecht
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.