Urinary and Fecal Incontinence: A Training Program for Children and Adolescents by Heike Sambech, Justine Niemcyk, Monika Equit (Mixed media product, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.86Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $98.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElimination disorders (such as bed-wetting or soiling) are common in childhood. This manual presents a new and effective training program for children and adolescents with cturnal enuresis, daytime urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, or a combination of these forms, who do t respond to standard measures. After discussing the different types of incontinence and comorbid psychological disorders, the expert team of authors (a psychotherapist, a pediatric nurse, a psychologist, and a psychiatrist) describe a 7-9 session program of bladder and bowel training, primarily for use in groups but which can also be used with individuals. The training encompasses psychoeducation, operant reinforcement, emotion regulation, and relaxation techniques - all presented in a child-friendly , playful manner. The manual itself is accompanied by a wealth of colorful, attractive, printable worksheets and other educational materials suitable for youngsters, which cover topics such as healthy drinking and eating habits, stress and emotion regulation, body perception, toilet training, and relaxation techniques.This manual is a superb resource for pediatricians, specialists in child and adolescent psychiatry, psychologists, nurses, urotherapists, and all other professionals looking for well-founded, hands-on guidance on treating children and adolescents with incontinence.
- Author BiographyMonika Equit; PhD; Psychological psychotherapist and researcher, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Saarland University Hospital, Saarbruecken, Germany Heike Sambach; -; Pediatric nurse and urotherapist, specialist outpatient clinic for elimination disorders, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Saarland University Hospital, Saarbruecken, Germany Justine Niemczyk; -; Clinical psychologist, specialist outpatient clinic for elimination disorders, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Saarland University Hospital, Saarbruecken, Germany Alexander von Gontard; MD, Professor; Board certified child and adolescent psychiatrist, pediatrician, psychotherapist; Chair and head of the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry , Saarland University Hospital, Saarbruecken, Germany
- Author(s)Heike Sambech,Justine Niemcyk,Monika Equit
- PublisherHogrefe Publishing
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHogrefe Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width210 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-ROM and Paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.56Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.