All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the age of modern warfare the changing landscape of the 21st century battlefield has demanded a transformation within the US Marine Corps Special Operations. Adapting to a huge range of combat environments, an ermous array of specialist uniforms, protective armour and battlefield electronic devices have been developed to facilitate missions in the most extreme conditions. A special forces operator may w have available to him a dozen distinct types of body armour and two dozen different weapons; never before in American military history has so much been given to so few. Authored by J. Kenneth Eward, professor at the American Military University, and illustrated throughout with photographs and meticulous colour plates, this volume offers the first detailed, authoritative study of the characteristics, and performance in the field, of the most modern combat gear and weapons provided for USMC specialist operators to date.
- Author BiographyKenneth Eward is a published science & technology illustrator who teaches at the American Military University. His past military history projects have included ELI 190: US Marine Infantry Combat Uniforms and Equipment 2000-2012 for Osprey, and assignments for National Geographic and TIME.
- Author(s)J. Kenneth Eward
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication04/01/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleElite
- Series Part/Volume Number208
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note50 col
- Weight215 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)J. Kenneth Eward
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.