All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsagi Yojimbo is considered key in the world of comics, and an important link between the manga comics of Japan and the superhero comics of the U.S. The series' creator, Stan Sakai, first started drawing Usagi in the early eighties. Roaming an anthropomorphic version of feudal Japan, the rabbit samurai has master, but takes on tasks from any aggrieved animals he encounters.
- Author BiographyStan Sakai was born in Kyoto, Japan, grew up in Hawaii, and now lives in California with his children, Hannah and Matthew. He received a Fine Arts degree from the University of Hawaii, and did further studies at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. His creation, Usagi Yojimbo, is the story of a samurai rabbit living in a feudal Japan populated by anthropomorphic animals. It first appeared in Albedo Comics in 1984. Since then, Usagi has been on television as a guest of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and as toys, on clothing, in comic books, and in a series of trade paperback collections. Stan is also an award-winning letterer for his work on Sergio Aragones' Groo the Wanderer, the Spider-Man Sunday newspaper strips as well as Usagi Yojimbo. He is the recipient of a Parents' Choice Award, an Inkpot Award, multiple Eisner Awards, two Spanish Haxturs, an American Library Association Award, and a National Cartoonists' Society Division Award. The author lives in LA. CA.
- Author(s)Stan Sakai
- PublisherDark Horse Comics,U.S.
- Date of Publication11/08/2016
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Manga
- Place of PublicationMilwaukie
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDark Horse Comics,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight476 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.68
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.83
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.