All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is intended for anyone whose job involves writing formal documentation. It is aimed at n-native speakers of English, but should also be of use for native speakers who have training in technical writing. Technical writing is a skill that you can learn and this book outlines some simple ideas for writing clear documentation that will reflect well on your company, its image and its brand. The book has four parts: Structure and Content: Through examples, you will learn best practices in writing the various sections of a manual and what content to include. Clear Unambiguous English: You will learn how to write short clear sentences and paragraphs whose meaning will be immediately clear to the reader. Layout and Order Information: Here you will find guidelines on style issues, e.g., headings, bullets, punctuation and capitalization. Typical Grammar and Vocabulary Mistakes: This section is divided alphabetically and covers grammatical and vocabulary issues that are typical of user manuals.
- Author BiographyWallwork, a native English speaker from the UK, has 25 years of experience teaching English at various IT companies in Pisa, Italy. He has published 13 books with Springer Science+Business Media.
- Author(s)Adrian Wallwork
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication20/06/2014
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleGuides to Professional English
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note150 black & white tables, biography
- Weight302 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.