All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this study among camping tourists of all age groups between 19 and 86 years of age, Konstantin Wellner compares key characteristics regarding invative behavior of different age groups. The focus of the analysis is on the so-called Silver Market segment (consumers of at least 55 years) which gains importance to the demographic shift. Generally, older users are still actively invating, especially if it relates to age-specific improvements (e.g., comfort and compatibility to other equipment). Analysis by a Structural Equation Model showed that the most important determinant of invative behavior for older users is technical expertise and that being relatively ahead of trends increases their dissatisfaction with existing products. Additional evidence was found that user with high use experience suffer from functional fixedness.
- Author BiographyKonstantin Wellner does research on the impact of demographic change on user innovation at the Hamburg University of Technology, focusing on the impact of age on characteristics and capability of older user innovators.
- Author(s)Konstantin Wellner
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication04/03/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleForschungs-/Entwicklungs-/Innovations-management
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer Gabler
- Content Note35 black & white illustrations, 46 black & white tables, biography
- Weight323 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.92Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.