All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume considers the theme of the protection of the user in the field of information techlogy, and more specifically in relation to software licences, electronic information services and Internet access services. Litigation in IT usually stems from the users' feeling that their expectations have been frustrated at performance. When dealing with such cases, the courts seem to increasingly take the objective of user protection into account. How is this protection implemented? Is this trend generally desirable? Is this judicial protection excessive? What are the constraints met by IT providers that should be taken into account in litigation? How can the user's position be improved? User Protection in IT Contracts extensively presents the reasons why, and the ways in which national courts may decide a case in favour of the user. Many practical issues are considered in this respect. Which factors appear relevant to deal with liability claims in IT? Are exemption clauses always enforceable? What are the implications of information duties for IT providers? How can general conditions be safely incorporated to a contract? What is the validity of shrinkwrap licences? Is it safe to rely on an entire-agreement clause? This book exhaustively reviews these issues in English, Dutch and French law.
- Author(s)Clarisse Girot
- PublisherKluwer Law International
- Date of Publication06/03/2001
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Series TitleLaw & Electronic Commerce S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 11
- Place of PublicationZuidpoolsingel
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintKluwer Law International
- Content Notebibliography, tables, index
- Weight853 g
- Width234 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.