User and Task Analysis for Interface Design by Janice C. Redish, JoAnn T. Hackos (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $93.49Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.99Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by mister_bookman
- Est. delivery by 2 Feb
- AU $26.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHackos and Redish wisely offer us the three things we most need about user and task analysis: practical advice, practical advice, and practical advice. -Ben Shneiderman, University of Maryland This book is well written, thorough, and loaded with techniques, examples, and resources that bring analysis to everyone. -Marcia L. Conner, Director of Usability & Learnability PeopleSoft, Inc. User and Task Analysis for Interface Design helps you design a great user interface by focusing on the most important step in the process -the first one. You learn to go out and observe your users at work, whether they are employees of your company or people in customer organizations. You learn to find out what your users really need, t by asking them what they want, but by going through a process of understanding what they are trying to accomplish. JoAnn Hackos and Janice (Ginny) Redish, internationally kwn experts in usable design, take you through a step-by-step process to conduct a user and task analysis. You learn: How interface designers use user and task analysis to build successful interfaces Why kwledge of users, their tasks, and their environments is critical to successful design How to prepare and set up your site visits How to select and train your user and task analysis team What observations to make, questions to ask, and questions to avoid How to record and report what you have learned to your development team members How to turn the information you've gathered into design ideas How to create paper prototypes of your interface design How to conduct usability tests with your prototypes to find out if you're on the right track. This book includes many examples of design successes and challenges for products of every kind.
- Author BiographyJoAnn T. Hackos is president of Comtech Services, a design consulting firm that specializes in assisting companies to understand their users, design their products and information, conduct usability tests, and manage development projects. Janice (Ginny) C. Redish is president of Redish & Associates, Inc. Ginny helps companies with user and task analysis, usability assessments, interface and information design, and building usability into software and documentation processes.
- Author(s)Janice C. Redish,JoAnn T. Hackos
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/1998
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight892 g
- Width188 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.