All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone learns best when they are enjoying an activity - even adults prefer to learn through play! This book gives a wide range of ideas and practical activities to use computer games as learning tools with students aged 11+. You don't need to be a computer whiz to use this book. From the practical aspects of purchasing and setting up equipment to integrating them into a lesson plan - and even using them without playing them - this book will add a new aspect to your subject to make it even more engaging and fascinating to your students. There are sections on: - Integrating games into lessons - Activities for using freely and commonly-available computer games and consoles - Making your own games, and helping students to design computer games themselves - Using games to differentiate for students of varying abilities and learning styles By adding a new dimension to learning and teaching, computer games can be an enjoyable and fun addition to lessons and, as a result, produce lifelong learners.
- Author BiographyKaren Anderson is Head of School for Computing and ICT at Runshaw College, UK. She has taught in both secondary and FE, state and independent sectors and draws on her experience, knowledge and love of teaching for her ideas. A passionate advocate for innovative ICT teaching in all areas, she specialises in Computer Games Design and eSafety. Karen has contributed to several textbooks, exam board specifications and is a regular speaker at national conferences. Her previous book, Getting the Buggers Excited About ICT, includes practical advice for ICT teachers on interesting and innovative ways to teach different areas of the ICT curriculum.
- Author(s)Karen Anderson
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication22/11/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Note10
- Weight209 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.