All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical manual contains more than 150 activities for use with children aged 5-11 years old. Written for mainstream and special needs teachers, speech & language therapists, drama teachers and dramatherapists, the book shows how using drama with children across the autism spectrum can help to develop: social skills; playfulness and pretence; verbal and n-verbal communication; and, self-awareness and self-esteem. Taking a developmental approach, the book is divided into two parts: Simple child-focused activities (Units 1-2) for children in a special school setting who are at an early stage of engagement; and Group-orientated activities (Units 3-9) for use in inclusive settings where mixed groups of children, with and without autism, can work together to develop personal and social skills. Each unit focuses on one skill area at a time and follows a similar format which includes a brief theoretical background, a clear set of aims, an assessment profile and a set of drama activities to develop the focus skill. Complete with case studies, photocopiable resources and step-by-step guidance on how to deliver a drama programme, this practical resource will be invaluable for all those who are looking for new ways of engaging children on the autism spectrum.
- Author BiographyCarmel Conn has a background in special education and therapeutic arts. She is both a teacher and a dramatherapist and has extensive experience of working with children with special needs in a variety of educational settings. For the last ten years she has been working with children with autism and their families.
- Author(s)Carmel Conn
- PublisherSpeechmark Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBicester, Oxon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpeechmark Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight870 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.