CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionHistory teachers and school library media specialists will find this guide a valuable resource for creating techlogically advanced, resource-based instructional units in American and World History in grades 7-12. It is filled with 150 recommended primary source Internet sites about history ranging from ancient civilizations to 1998 and is stocked with exciting, interesting, and challenging questions designed to stimulate students' critical thinking skills. Dr. Craver, who maintains an award-winning interactive Internet database and conducts techlogy workshops for school library media specialists, provides an indispensable tool to enable students to make the best use of the Internet for the study of history. Each site is accompanied by a summary that describes its contents and usefulness to history teachers and school library media specialists. The questions that follow are designed specifically to stimulate critical thinking skills. Critical thinking skills are deemed essential for students if they are to succeed academically and ecomically in the twenty-first century. An antated appendix of selected primary source databases includes the Internet addresses for 60 additional primary source sites.
- Author BiographyKATHLEEN W. CRAVER is Head Librarian at the National Cathedral School in Washington, D.C. Dr. Craver is the author of School Library Media Centers in the 21st Century (Greenwood, 1994) and Teaching Electronic Literacy (Greenwood, 1997), and has published widely in library journals.
- Author(s)Kathleen W. Craver
- Date of Publication30/10/1999
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLibraries Unlimited Professional Guides in School Librarianship
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight607 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.