All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionStudying historical wars through literature offers an effective, interesting way for students to understand the issues surrounding the conflicts and gain insight into the drastic changes that wars cause in the lives of individuals and nations. Useful for both teachers and librarians, Using Literature to Teach Middle Grades About War covers major wars that have generated a suitable variety of materials and resources that are readily available for student use - the Revolutionary War; the Civil War; World War 1; World II; the Vietnam War; and the Gulf War. The wars are categorised into individual literature units. Each unit features a selected chrology; recommended books (picture books, factual books, biographies and fiction); a sample lesson plan; suggested questions and activities; and a glossary. Covering a wide range of viewpoints, the books were selected for their readability, recent copyright dates and point of view. Appendix A contains two planning guides for teachers and librarians that help to effectively organise the units. The first provides suggested guidelines and questions to consider in advance to help effectively organise the units for classes. The second provides help in designing units for special interest groups.
- Author BiographyPhyllis K. Kennemer, Ed.D., is library media specialist for Jefferson County, Colorado, Public Schools, and part-time children's literature instructor for the University of Colorado, Boulder. She is a member of the American Library Association, the International Reading Association, and the National Council of Teachers of English. Dr. Kennemer has lectured frequently on integrating literature into the curriculum.
- Author(s)Phyllis Kennemer
- Date of Publication01/11/1992
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteappendices, references, glossary
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.