All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIn the last decade, more mental health treatments have begun to incorporate mindfulness as a skill to help people with their problems. Despite this, t everyone is sure how to incorporate mindfulness effectively into their daily lives. Giving simple explanations, examples and exercises, Using Mindfulness Skills in Everyday Life shows clearly how this is done. The book, written by two NHS clinicians experienced in teaching mindfulness, takes a down-to-earth approach, providing straightforward answers to the most commonly asked questions. The authors give definitions of mindfulness and guide people through instructions on how to set up and evaluate simple practices. As each component is taught, they provide examples of real-life situations, so the reader can clearly see how to be more mindful as they face the ups and downs of modern living. This practical guide is essential reading for anyone who wants to learn mindfulness to help with difficulties and challenges. It is also the perfect book for therapists, coaches, teachers, social workers, nurses, psychiatrists and psychologists to recommend to their clients. The book is ideal for students on clinical training courses.
- Author BiographyDr Christine Dunkley is a Consultant Psychotherapist with 30 years' NHS experience. She has published in the UK, Europe and America on Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, supervision and mindfulness. An honorary lecturer for Bangor University and Clinical Director at Grayrock, Christine trains clinical teams in the UK and abroad. She co-founded the UK and Ireland Society for Dialectical Behaviour Therapy in 2012. Dr Maggie Stanton is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist. She has previously led a Psychological Therapies Department in the NHS, and now focuses on training, supervision and consultancy in the UK, Europe, USA and Australia. She presents on mindfulness and other topics. Maggie is a visiting lecturer at the University of Southampton, a Clinical Lead in a major research trial and Director of Stanton Psychological Services.
- Author(s)Christine Dunkley,Maggie Stanton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/10/2016
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.